Recent hexchat freezing up a lot

From: Christopher Lemmer Webber
Subject: Recent hexchat freezing up a lot
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 12:17:29 -0400

Over the last many months I've been experiencing freezes daily in
Hexchat.  I'm not sure... I'm guessing they have something to do with
when there's network lag.  I wondered if it happened sometime between
the last upgrade and this one (guix commit c2a601c9b1).

After I reverted the hexchat definition to the prior definition, the
freezes appear to have stopped.

I looked into why this is happening and I think it's because I'm
connecting to a ZNC server for my employer's chat.  It looks like that's
the upstream issue:

  https://github.com/hexchat/hexchat/issues/2024

I didn't file this as a bug in Guix because I think it's not really
Guix's fault.  But maybe we should provide an older version of Hexchat
for others who are likewise connecting to ZNC relays?  What do you
think?

 - Chris