Re: How to set default screen brightness?

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: How to set default screen brightness?
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 22:48:18 +0200

Jesse,

Jesse Gibbons wrote:
Thanks. I think I can add a service using the `light` tool.

Yeah, I currently call it from my .xsession, which is horrible…
A proper service would be most welcome.

Administrators will likely prefer to install it on anything with a
display that runs on battery power, so I might contribute it in
gnu/services/pm.scm

Ew.  We actually have that poorly-named file :-(

if nobody beats me to it.

Go for it!

I still wonder whether it would be possible (and worth it) to do this without external dependencies (i.e. basically reimplementing ‘light’ in Scheme), so I won't be stepping directly on your toes in the meantime.

Kind regards,

T G-R