Re: editing /etc/sudoers

From: Jeff Bauer
Subject: Re: editing /etc/sudoers
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 10:44:18 -0500

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 07:34:46AM -0700, Quiliro's lists wrote:
> El 2019-06-17 02:17, Andreas Enge escribió:
> > maybe my reply is off-topic and does not solve your problem, but to just
> > give sudoer capabilities to a user, it is enough to add them to the "wheel"
> > group in the system declaration, with something like:
> >
> > (operating-system
> >   (users (cons* (user-account
> >                  (name "andreas")
> >                  (comment "Andreas Enge")
> >                  (group "users")
> >                  (supplementary-groups '("wheel"))
> >                  (home-directory "/home/andreas"))
> >                 %base-user-accounts))
> >
> > This is in line with the principle that "global" files should not be edited,
> > but instead be declared in some way in the operating system definition.
> >
> > For more sophisticated uses, the file could be declared in the operating
> > system definition, I suppose, but I have no experience with this.
> >
> > Andreas
>
> Exactly: if you are using GuixSD, you do not use visudo; you use what
> Andreas proposes. If you are using just Guix, then you use visudo from
> the distro you are on.

My needs go beyond adding a user to the wheel group.  I want
specific programs to run without a sudo password challenge,
so editing my local copy of sudoers is necessary.  I'm now
using guix visudo as a command-line validation tool to
ensure that sudoers isn't borked -- which is it's primary
purpose.

-Jeff