Re: guix system init with mounted btrfs

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: guix system init with mounted btrfs
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 14:49:24 +0300

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 02:10:48PM -0700, Matt Huszagh wrote:
> Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Matt Huszagh <address@hidden> writes:
> > Ok, so I've simplified the subvolume layout somewhat:
> > mount -t btrfs -o compress=lzo LABEL=btrfs /mnt
> > btrfs subvolume create /mnt/@guixsd
> > btrfs subvolume create /mnt/@home
> > btrfs subvolume create /mnt/@snapshots
> > umount /mnt
> > o_btrfs=defaults,X-mount.mkdir,compress=lzo,ssd,noatime
> >
> > mount -o subvol=@guixsd,$o_btrfs LABEL=btrfs /mnt
> > mount -o subvol=@home,$o_btrfs LABEL=btrfs /mnt/home
> > mount -o subvol=@snapshots,$o_btrfs LABEL=btrfs /mnt/.snapshots
> > mount -o X-mount.mkdir /dev/nvme0n1p1 /mnt/boot/efi
>
> I think I was a bit hasty in saying this worked. Another possible reason
> is guix system init doesn't try to do anything with these directories
> anyway so maybe the fact that these subvolumes are "supported" is a
> false positive.
>
> I've tried an even simpler layout: no subvolumes, just
>
> mount -t btrfs -o defaults,compress=lzo,ssd,noatime LABEL=btrfs /mnt
> mount -o X-mount.mkdir /dev/nvme0n1p1 /mnt/boot/efi
>
> However, I'm experiencing the same decryption error with this setup.

I spent some time yesterday with the arch wiki and I have an idea.
assuming you're using %desktop-services, inside services:

(modify-services %desktop-services
  (udev-service-type config =>
                     (udev-configuration
                     (inherit config)
                     (rules (list lvm2 fuse alsa-utils crda btrfs)))))

Perhaps adding the udev rules for btrfs will force it to run 'btrfs
device scan' or whatever the magic is that it apparently isn't running
now.

--
Efraim Flashner   <address@hidden>   אפרים פלשנר