Re: guix system init with mounted btrfs

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: guix system init with mounted btrfs
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 09:27:21 +0300

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 10:54:37AM -0700, Matt Huszagh wrote:
> Efraim Flashner <address@hidden> writes:
> > I spent some time yesterday with the arch wiki and I have an idea.
> > assuming you're using %desktop-services, inside services:
> >
> > (modify-services %desktop-services
> >   (udev-service-type config =>
> >                      (udev-configuration
> >                      (inherit config)
> >                      (rules (list lvm2 fuse alsa-utils crda btrfs)))))
> >
> > Perhaps adding the udev rules for btrfs will force it to run 'btrfs
> > device scan' or whatever the magic is that it apparently isn't running
> > now.
>
> Efraim, is btrfs supposed to btrfs-progs here? I believe rules takes
> package names right? In any event I tried this and it didn't work for me.
> Did you have success with it?

I haven't tried it yet, I'm somehow running low on physical machines and
I haven't set up a VM to test it yet. The two places I remember seeing
something about it was with Gentoo¹ and with Arch², which is where I got
the udev suggestion for btrfs, from the 64-btrfs.rule file.

¹ https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1010878.html
² https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=189845

--
Efraim Flashner   <address@hidden>   אפרים פלשנר