guix on a foreign distribution: how to upgrade to new release

From: Andy Tai
Subject: guix on a foreign distribution: how to upgrade to new release
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 00:30:58 -0700

Hi, sorry if this is some question with obvious answer that I might have
missed:

I installed Guix on a Fedora system as a "foreign" distribution after the
1.0.0 release.  Things work (except trouble with SELinux, but that is off
topic).

Of course later Guix 1.0.1 was released.   I did not do anything except to
continue to do

guix pull && guix package -u

periodically.

Now
guix --version

continues to show it is at version 1.0.0.   I wonder if this is as expected
or I missed something that I should do after a new guix release, to upgrade
to the new version?

Thanks

--
Andy Tai, address@hidden, Skype: licheng.tai, Line: andy_tai, WeChat: