gpg-agent error: No pinentry

From: Marco van Hulten
Subject: gpg-agent error: No pinentry
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 22:41:27 +0100

Hello—

I have installed gnupg 2.2.18 and pinentry 1.1.0 on a Guix System.
When I try to import a key, I get this issue:

$ gpg --import publiko-secret.asc
gpg: key 9FC3734DFB84400D: "Marco van Hulten (publiko) <address@hidden>" not
changed
gpg: key 9FC3734DFB84400D/9FC3734DFB84400D: error sending to agent: No pinentry
gpg: error building skey array: No pinentry
gpg: error reading 'publiko-secret.asc': No pinentry
gpg: import from 'publiko-secret.asc' failed: No pinentry
gpg: Total number processed: 0
gpg:              unchanged: 1
gpg:       secret keys read: 1

It seems that the public key is imported but not the private key (I can
encrypt but not decrypt).  On an OpenBSD-current system importing this
key works properly.

Do I need to do any more actions accept for 'guix package -i gnupg
pinentry'?

Thanks,

—Marco