Re: Strange behavior around guix package --show

From: Jacob MacDonald
Subject: Re: Strange behavior around guix package --show
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 15:55:01 -0800

Thanks, I'll have to pull down the most recent build when I'm on a more
robust connection. After some more log-reading I think I've narrowed the
problem down, though I'm not sure what the cause is. The root profile and
my user profile are unique (this is probably trivial and intended), but
share all links except one: lib/guix. They each link to a different version
of $HASH-guix-package-cache/lib/guix. Not sure why this happened or what
the impact is, but my best guess at the behavior has to do with that fact,
since according to strace both invocations are reading from the same
compiled .go files. The successful one just reads lisp-xyz much later than
the failing call.

Jacob.