Re: very old daemon = no substitutes?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: very old daemon = no substitutes?
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 15:01:10 +0100

Hi Thomas,

> I'm reconfiguring my system after almost one year without updates
> (meaning guix-daemon in my system profile is at version
> 0.16.0-8.7ba2b27, dating from january 2019).

This should be fine.  The daemon doesn’t change much and even in the
past upgrades to the daemon have been backwards compatible.

> I ran guix pull (now at commit c109d32) and had to rebuild *a lot*
> (guile, git, I believe multiple versions of gcc, ...).  Now I'm
> reconfiguring, and it feels like I'm still building the whole world
> and not getting any substitutes (despite messages such as 'updating
> substitutes from https://ci.guix.info' and 'updating substitutes from
> https://berlin.guixsd.org')...

berlin.guixsd.org (soon to disappear) is an old name for
ci.guix.gnu.org, as is ci.guix.info.

Double check /etc/guix/acl to make sure that the public key for
ci.guix.gnu.org is listed there.

--
Ricardo