Re: I can`t boot guixsd in macbook

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: I can`t boot guixsd in macbook
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 21:13:38 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 12:52:23PM +0100, SergioBG BG wrote:
> Hi to all . I intended install guixsd in macbook 2009 and after download
> iso and burn it with etcher in one usb I can't boot in my old mac , with
> button start and option button nothing do.
> With Debian buster no have problems with start , but guixsd is imposib.
> The boot not show usb to start guixsd.
> What am I doing wrong.
> Sorry for my bad English , cheers

This bug has long been fixed in git master after 1.0.1, but there has
not been a new release of downloadable Guix System images since then.
You could install Guix on another operating system or on another
computer, download the Guix source code and run in a terminal

cd path/to/guix/source
guix system disk-image --file-system-type=iso9660 \
       gnu/system/install.scm

The command is from here:

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Building-the-Installation-Image.html

Regards,