Re: Two keyboard layouts with toggle in console

From: Alexei Drozdov
Subject: Re: Two keyboard layouts with toggle in console
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 15:50:45 +0300

Manual proposes to do it at runtime:

We’ve discussed how to specify the default keyboard layout of your system
when it starts, but you can also adjust it at run time:
 If you’re using GNOME, its settings panel has a “Region & Language” entry
where you can select one or more keyboard layouts.
 Under Xorg, the setxkbmap command (from the same-named package) allows you
to change the current layout. For example, this is how you would change the
layout to US Dvorak:
 setxkbmap us dvorak
 The loadkeys command changes the keyboard layout in effect in the Linux
console. However, note that loadkeys does not use the XKB keyboard layout
categorization described above. The command below loads the French bépo
layout:
 loadkeys fr-bepo

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/guix.html#Keyboard-Layout