Re: Guix can't build my dummy package definition

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Guix can't build my dummy package definition
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2020 14:09:18 +0100

On Sun, Mar 01, 2020 at 01:58:27PM +0100, Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski wrote:
> Hey Guixters !
>
> I am experimenting one way to learn how to use Guix for packaging.

Nice to hear. :)

> […]
> Then when I do :
>
> ./pre-inst-env guix build -f /tmp/def.scm
>
> I get :
>
> guix build: error: #<unspecified>: not something we can build

This seems like what is described at the end of:

https://guix.gnu.org/cookbook/en/html_node/GUIX_005fPACKAGE_005fPATH.html#GUIX_005fPACKAGE_005fPATH

You would need to add ac-geiser add the end of the file if you want to
test it with -f.  But maybe also take a look at the other methods
described in the Cookbook.

Regards,
Florian