Re: Help with locale

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Help with locale
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 18:22:58 -0400

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 11:06:51PM +0100, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:
> Of course it *is* a bug that the simple action of installing glibc-locales
> after a pure install doesn't result in locales taking effect (or that
> lib/locales doesn't exist). I just wanted to have people with more context
> than I have a look at it, in case I had missed something.

Just to clarify, installing the locales package will not make locales
work on its own — the GUIX_LOCPATH variable needs to be set as well, and
in at least two different contexts.

But `guix install glibc-locales` should create the 'lib/locales'
directory, and if it didn't then something is broken about package
installation.

> I'll report it then.

Thanks!