Re: Installing guix on nixos system

From: Roy Lemmon
Subject: Re: Installing guix on nixos system
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 13:17:26 +0000

Hi Marius et al.,

Thanks for your help. That is clearer now. In fact that is what I did, ran
'guix pull' as user and the latest version of guix is installed in
~/.config/guix/current.

My problem now is that I can run guix from there if I use the full path
name:

$ ~/.config/guix/current/bin/guix --help

But if I just run:

$ guix --help

it doesn't recognise the command. Normally this would just be because I
have not added that directory to PATH as you say.

However here is the problem. I am using eshell in emacs. I have tried the
following:

$ (setenv "PATH" (concat "/home/rlemmon/.config/guix/current/bin:" (getenv
"PATH")))
$ addpath /home/rlemmon/.config/guix/current/bin

But still the same problem. I understand this is now an eshell problem
rather than a guix one. But if anyone has encountered this before ... ? Its
a frustrating problem !

Thanks
Roy.

--