Re: ungoogled-chromium

From: Marco van Hulten
Subject: Re: ungoogled-chromium
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 17:18:25 +0100

Vagrant—

Je 22 Mar 06:14 skribis Vagrant:
> I'm curious if you can get audio or microphone access using
> ungoogled-chromium on meet.jit.si... video worked fine for me, but
> neither audio output nor microphone input worked.  Are there optional
> plugins needed to make audio work with ungoogled-chromium?

No, it worked out-of-the-box for me.  I am using a USB-connected
microphone (C-Media Blue Snowball).

I don't have an audio_capture_enabled line in Chromium's Preferences.

> On the same system, audio output worked fine with icecat, though
> meet.jit.si wasn't supported at all on icecat.

Same experience for me.  I vaguely remember a message on this list (or
guix-devel) about media input issues with Icecat, possibly related to
WebRTC.

—Marco