Re: Emacs not seeing newer packages after pull

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Emacs not seeing newer packages after pull
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 16:08:07 +0200

Hi Ivan,

> Hi everyone!  Recently it caught my attention that emacs-guix seems to
> always be on the *previous* generation of Guix, i.e. the one before
> the latest pull.  That is, when I do a `guix pull` and check for new

> Is this behavior expected?  Does it also happen to you?

No, and yes. Meaning that I most definitely didn't expect it, but I
confirm your observations. And I am running Guix System, so it's not
related to your Guix-under-Debian installation.

In fact, when I saw your mail, it reminded me of similar issues I had
noticed in the past but never taken the time to explore in more depth.

When trying to analyze this in more detail, I noticed that emacs-guix
runs guile 2.2, whereas guix itself used guile 3.0. That shouldn't make
a difference (my understanding is that the current Guix source code
works with both Guile releases), but it's a bit surprising as well.

Cheers,
  Konrad.