Re: conf file - where is it ?

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: conf file - where is it ?
Date: Sat, 09 May 2020 20:12:09 +0200

Hiho,

Catonano 写道:
My idea was that I would have used the configuration file as a starting
point for reconfiguring the machine running in Qemu

Right.  But if that's the case, you can just
- keep the 1.1.0 VM,
- download the configuration file[0] to it (which hasn't changed),
- then edit it and reconfigure.

No? You want to reconfigure this VM, so it must have network access.

Either you're confusing two things (that you/we must rebuild a huge VM image just to include a tiny text file[0] that hasn't changed), or I am.

The latter is entirely likely ;-)

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/plain/gnu/system/examples/vm-image.tmpl