Printer configuration

From: Kyle Andrews
Subject: Printer configuration
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 22:11:36 -0400

Dear Guix,

Could you help me get my printer working?

I setup my cups service:

(use-modules ...
             (gnu packages cups)
             ...)
(use-service-modules ... cups ...)
  (service cups-service-type
                   (cups-configuration
                    (extensions
                     (list hplip-minimal cups-filters splix))
                    (server-name host-name)
                    (host-name-lookups #t)
                    (web-interface? #t)))

Then I reconfigured my system and restarted. Now I can access the CUPS
page on localhost:631. However, I could not figure out that interface
for the life of me. Instead, I found out I could install the
`system-config-printer' package which provided a setup utility that
actually made sense, giving me hope of falling into a "pit of
success". It detected my printer, great! Unfortunately, it failed to
print a test page, popping up a warning box with the text:

Printer 'SCX-4200' requires the '/gnu/store/.../cups/filter/rastertoqpdl'
program but it is not currently installed.

I'm not sure what to do now. Thanks in advance for any suggestions on
how to resolve this.

Best Regards,
Kyle