Re: Git clients struggle with Guix

From: Michael Rohleder
Subject: Re: Git clients struggle with Guix
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 11:59:41 +0200

Hey Alexandru,

"Alexandru-Sergiu Marton" <brown121407@posteo.ro> writes:
> I'm having trouble managing the Guix repo with git clients. Both gitg
> and magit choke on it when I tell them to open it. Magit hangs for a
> couple minutes before showing the status view, and every further action
> leads to another freeze. Running git commands from the terminal is fast, as
> expected, no problem there.

I dont know about gitg, but I had this problem with magit also.

What helped was this snippet that you might try to put in your emacs config:

(with-eval-after-load 'magit
  (setq magit-section-initial-visibility-alist ;;
https://irreal.org/blog/?p=8877
        '((stashes . hide) (untracked . hide) (unpushed . hide))))

--
unix || die