Re: No Guile on Windows? (was: My Guile Hacker Handbook)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: No Guile on Windows? (was: My Guile Hacker Handbook)
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 09:31:41 +0300

> Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 00:48:35 -0300
> From: David Pirotte <david@altosw.be>
> Cc: Dmitry Alexandrov <dag@gnui.org>, guile-user@gnu.org, help-guix@gnu.org
>
> fwiw, i've used msys2 (not so much anymore, but i still would if i had
> to ...), easy to install, update, well maintained, very friendly on irc
> when i needed to ask for help ...:
>
>       https://www.msys2.org/
>
> it has guile-2.2.7-1, threaded (which I've used. it works ...)

AFAIU, that's not a native Windows port, that's an MSYS2 port, which
is almost the same as a Cygwin build (MSYS2 is a fork of Cygwin).

IOW, you cannot link the MSYS2 libguile with a native MinGW program,
such as GDB or Gnu Make (or Lilypond, or any other application
mentioned in this thread).  Right?