WebRTC seems broken in IceCat

From: Tirifto
Subject: WebRTC seems broken in IceCat
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 13:27:48 +0200

Hello!

I have installed IceCat with Guix on Parabola, but it seems like WebRTC
isn’t working for me. I’ve tried making a call with Riot & Jitsi Meet,
but haven’t succeeded with either. I also installed the Snowflake
extension by Tor Project (which should make use of WebRTC), and it
doesn’t seem to be doing anything, hence my impression.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I asked around on IRC but haven’t
been able to draw a conclusion. I just know it used to be working and
advertised as such.¹ It’s recently been enabled upstream, too,² so I
assume it’s supposed to work.

I’ve noticed the flag ‘--disable-webrtc’ included in the IceDove
package definition,³ which doesn’t seem like it should affect IceCat,
though, so I wonder if the problem’s with my setup.

For the record, ‘media.peerconnection.enabled’ is set to ‘true’ in
‘about:config’, and disabling my add-ons did not help. Any clues would
be much appreciated.

Best of wishes
// Tirifto

1. https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnuzilla/2019-08/msg00005.html