Re: How to select git:send-email output in config.scm?

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: How to select git:send-email output in config.scm?
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2020 20:16:38 +0200

Good evening,

EuAndreh 写道:
Use specification->package+output.

I tried that, and it indeed doesn't complains about 'unknown package' anymore. However, send-email is still not installed after a system
reconfigure:

Indeed, my first mail was too hurried & my longer mail didn't address this part at all...

 (packages
   (append
     (list (list git "send-email")
           (list git "gui")            ; just another example
           foo
           ...)
     (map specification->package
          '("git"
            "bar"
            ...)

PACKAGES takes a list of, well, packages -- *or* (package output) sublists! This is not well-documented: it's mentioned in gnu/system.scm, but not in the manual under ‘operating-system Reference’. I will add it there. Thank you for pointing it out.

If you want to go one step further, get rid of APPEND, and MAP everything: it's not hard to write a procedure similar to specification->package+output that returns a list instead of multiple values (hint: take a look at DEFINE-VALUES). There might well already be one hiding somewhere. I don't know.

For today, at least, I'll leave this as an excercise for the reader. :-p

Kind regards,

T G-R