Re: Systemwide TOR Service

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Systemwide TOR Service
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 18:25:24 -0400

In your system configuration, include the following to your list of services:

(service tor-service-type)

Reconfigure and enjoy! Note that if you checked to include tge tor service when
installing the system, it's already running. See tor-service-type on
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Networking-Services.html#Networking-Services
 for more information.

Tor is listening as a socks5 proxy on port 9050 on your machine. To configure
icecat to use it, go to the network settings, proxy. You'll use the SOCKSv5
proxy setting. Hostname is localhost, and port is 9050. Check "proxy DNS when
using SOCKSv5" to prevent leaks from your dns queries.

You can check you are connected through tor by going to check.torproject.org.

To make other applications use tor, configure them to use the socks proxy, or
use torsocks when invoking them.

HTH!