Re: How to create a substitute server with substitutes that failed?

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: How to create a substitute server with substitutes that failed?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 13:18:15 +0200

Hi,

I’d like to create a small server that provides substitutes for packages
for which I often have to build a fallback (mostly ungoogled Chromium).

How can I do that? Is there already a simply way?

I tried guix copy, but without luck:

$ LANG=C guix copy ungoogled-chromium --to=guixtmp@localhost
guix copy: error: failed to connect to `#<input-output: channel
(open)7effb4657a80>': Protocol error

What I want is just to put the required substitute archives on a server
for others to download. Ungoogled Chromium takes so long that only one
person should ever have to build it (and I need it for work, so I can be
that one person).

It would be ideal if I could put it on a dumb public host with only
HTTPS access and FTP for upload (since I already have that and it has
unlimited bandwidth).

Best wishes,
Arne

--