Re: Troubles with opensmtpd

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Troubles with opensmtpd
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 12:19:27 +0100

Joshua,

Joshua Branson via 写道:
It turns out this is fairly difficult.

It shouldn't be.

joshua@gnucode.me, but I do not appear to be able to send email.

OpenSMTPd debug tracing can be enabled with ‘smtpctl trace <subsystem>’ (see smtpctl(8) or use ‘all’ if you like spam) and read in /var/log/maillog on Guix Systems.

Also, dovecot doesn't seem to serve my email.

Fix sending first, then enable Dovecot debugging with either or both:

 auth_debug = yes
 mail_debug = yes

I am also attaching a screen shot of my DNS settings.

This shows up as raw in-line text in both emacs and my RoundCube Web mail.

# if I uncomment this next line, smtpd will break...what's wrong with it?

Well... what does it say?  :-)

match for any action \"send\""

On this line, you're (correctly) demanding authentication in order to send, but you then disable authentication above.

Your only option is to fix it: ‘from any’ would turn your server into a blacklisted open relay.

Kind regards,

T G-R