Re: Edits to `etc/resolv.conf` being overwritten

From: phil
Subject: Re: Edits to `etc/resolv.conf` being overwritten
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 08:43:31 +0100

I found when using GuixSD with Gnome that the network manager would
periodically overwrite my DNS changes made directly to resolv.conf.

If you experience this issue it should leave a comment on the first line.

I was able to make it work by changing it through Gnome's Settings GUI, rather
than editing the file myself.  Even then I have to disable and re-enable the
network interface for the new settings to take effect.