Re: About packaging documentation

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: About packaging documentation
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 23:59:47 +0200

Hi Zelphir,

> $ ./pre-inst-env guix build guile-fslib
> guix build: error: guile-fslib: unknown package
[…]
> Ugh. Not working.

for what it’s worth, I added the definition to
gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm and it worked.

I note that you haven’t mentioned running “make”, but your output does
not indicate that the Guix sources are interpreted.  I wonder why.  It
seems to me that pre-inst-env in your case doesn’t have the intended
effect.

You should run “make”.

--
Ricardo