Re: freecad 19.1 / flatpak

From: Christophe Pisteur
Subject: Re: freecad 19.1 / flatpak
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2021 21:10:07 +0200

Le vendredi 02 avril 2021 à 10:43 -0400, Gary Johnson a écrit :
> Christophe Pisteur <christophe.pisteur@fsfe.org> writes:
> > Unfortunately there is no git on flathub. There is only gitg, which
> > Iinstalled, but the problem remains with the freecad addons.
>
> That's unfortunate. So...maybe I missed (or forgot) this part of
> thediscussion, but I see that guix has a package definition for
> freecad. Isthere a reason you don't want to build and install it
> through guixinstead of flatpak?

Yes, there is a reason: ignorance, incompetence, idleness ;-)
More seriously: I have no computer skills, I just know how to do: guix
package -i freecad... it seems to me to be very far from what would
allow me to start from the current definition package to make a freecad
19.1 package. Isn't it?
That said, why not give it a try if someone has the patience to answer
the countless questions I'm sure to have... with no guarantee of
success. See if the collective effort is worth it.