Re: Edits to `etc/resolv.conf` being overwritten

From: Vladimir Sedach
Subject: Re: Edits to `etc/resolv.conf` being overwritten
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 20:22:03 -0700

Bone Baboon <bone.baboon@disroot.org> writes:
> It is almost like `sudo dhclient <wireless-interface>` is taking
> instruction from the router (provided by my internet service provider)
> to overwrite `/etc/resolv.conf` to the DNS of my internet service
> provider.

That is in fact what dhclient does. There is a list of workarounds on
Debian Wiki:

https://wiki.debian.org/resolv.conf

I use the file attribute one on my Debian system.

The ideal solution is to re-implement dhclient in Guile, and make it
a configurable alternative to dhcp-client-service-type. That would be
a lot of work though.

--
Vladimir Sedach
Software engineering services in Los Angeles https://oneofus.la