Frequently-rebased channels

From: divoplade
Subject: Frequently-rebased channels
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 14:06:54 +0200

Dear guix,

I have a couple of channels that get rebased constantly. Is there a way
to tell guix that a channel allows downgrades, in a way that can also
be used by the unattended upgrade service? Also, if a package has a
git-fetch origin, the daemon will check that future versions are direct
descendants of its commit. Is there a way to tell the daemon not to do
that?

To be clear, I can run:

guix pull --allow-downgrades

and:

guix system reconfigure --allow-downgrades

but I would like for specific channels for the former and specific
packages for the latter to mean --allow-downgrades automatically, even
for the unattended upgrade service.

If that’s not possible, is it possible to configure the daemon and the
unattended upgrade service to always use --allow-downgrades?