Re: Edits to `etc/resolv.conf` being overwritten

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: Edits to `etc/resolv.conf` being overwritten
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 11:23:41 +0200

Hello,

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 5:40 AM Bone Baboon <bone.baboon@disroot.org> wrote:
> Vincent Legoll writes:
> > I'd try the "-R" command line option without giving "domain-name-servers"
> >
> > See details in the dhclient's man page
>
> Thank you for the suggestion.  Reading dhclient's man page it looks like
> `-R` is related to IPV6.  I have IPV6 disabled.

Sorry, I just looked at the first hit for "dhclient man", which
is not the same as what "man dhclient" gives on guix (and
on others distros also) :facepalm:

I'm not seeing mention of IPv6 in "-R" text from :
https://linux.die.net/man/8/dhclient

But you're right that this was a wrong suggestion.

Let me try again :

Have a look at the "LEASE REQUIREMENTS AND REQUESTS"
section from man dhclient.conf, you should be able to make
it *NOT* require "name-servers"...

Hopefully this time, the suggestion will be right...

--
Vincent Legoll