Re: (No Subject)

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: (No Subject)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 12:20:26 -0400

reduxmotion <Mark@reduxmotion.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to modify installation boot menu, to allow non-Free firmware

Hello!  These kind of questions we politely request do not take place on
help-guix.  :) We encourage users to use free software only.  We would
rather not explain users how to use free software.  Rather we want to
explain to users how to use free software. Feel free to ask any other
question though!

A good solution to your problem might be to use hardware that supports
free software.  I currently use a ThinkPad T400.  It's a bit old, but
works really well.  Also any old-ish computer that has an Intel
processor should work well with GNU/Guix.

This site is a good resource for discovering good hardware that works
with free software:  https://h-node.org/

Also think penguin, za reason, and purism, system76, raptor computing,
PineBook Pro ($200) all offer modern computers that you can purchase.

Thanks!

143!

--
Joshua Branson (joshuaBPMan in #guix)