Re: freecad 19.1 / flatpak

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: Re: freecad 19.1 / flatpak
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 22:27:35 +0000

Hi Christophe,

Yes, I just sent a new version with the package to the thread.
The problem was Luis Felipe was able to compile it, probably because his system
wasn't as up-to-date as yours. (That's why it worked in my computer too)

So I found the same error you found after doing a guix-pull. The new file I
shared should work with the latest guix.

As I explain in the previous message, the error was related with the update of
some packages. More specifically with some graphics libraries and `vtk`, that
changed its API in the 9.0.0 version and it doesn't work.
Freecad is pretty tied to Debian-based machines so they use old-ish packages
for development. It's not the first time we have issues with the packaging due
to new versions not being compatible.

> Sorry for the news...

Software, mate. It is like that all the time.
After all this time on the industry, I think I'm getting used to it :)