Symbol lookup error: log10f, version GLIBCXX_3.4

From: Paul A. Patience
Subject: Symbol lookup error: log10f, version GLIBCXX_3.4
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2021 23:45:02 +0000

Hi,

I modified the stock dealii package to update
it to 9.3.0 (along with some other minor changes),
but when I try to run an example provided with
deal.II, I get the following error:

./step-70: symbol lookup error:
/gnu/store/7gqbjm6dhczb9zkv7xhk7wvcm0b1mv72-profile/lib/libdeal_II.g.so.9.3.0:
undefined symbol: log10f, version GLIBCXX_3.4

I am unfortunately not quite sure what is wrong.
I read online that a cause of this error is an incompatibility
between the compiler used to compile the library and
the executable.
But I am ran "guix environment" to get the same environment
dealii was built in.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Paul