Re: Shebang and python packages

From: Phil
Subject: Re: Shebang and python packages
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 22:36:24 +0100

Thanks for the reply.

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice writes:

> If all shebangs and similar entry points have been properly patched,
> why would you need to bundle ‘Python itself to run the app’ at all?

As I understand it, as python is not propagated there is no
guarantee that the version of python will be persisted in the store for
the lifetime of the profile containing (just) the python app?  I thought that
was the point of propagated inputs?  However if the profile explicitly
contains both the app and python, both are persisted.

Have I misunderstood this?