Re: package manager guix on Windows and OSX

From: Jonathan McHugh
Subject: Re: package manager guix on Windows and OSX
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 19:50:04 +0200

Hi Joshua,

A Guix-BSD hybrid would be delectable.

I consider the OpenBSD community to be excellent, not only for their
prioritising a tight kernel and high levels of security standards but
because they refuse to release updates until documentation such as
manpages are comprehensively written.

This final point is something which the Guix community needs to
improve - there is too much of a publish first - decribe later philosophy. As
somebody still trying to fully master I get the feeling that
their are things which will elude me until I get enough battle scars and
my productivity will be hampered until I reach that sweet spot (or at
least become more proficient/confident at just asking!)

I should state that I consider the help-guix and devel-guix to be highly
informative, friendly and professional. There should be greater
expectations of contributors to explain their improved functionalities
in advance. Additionally, I hold your individual support to be
exemplary.

Additionally, while I understand that MIT is in many ways deficient
compared to GPL licenses, if not pernicious and counterproductive I do
empathise regarding why networking engineers may prefer having a licence
which permits encapsulation more readily.

--
Jonathan McHugh
indieterminacy@libre.brussels