xmodmap doesn't before pressing any button keyboard

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: xmodmap doesn't before pressing any button keyboard
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 20:41:30 +0600

I have setup my Emacs iwth EXWM.  I am trying to remap several keys to
avoid repetitive strain injury (RSI), also known as Emacs pinky.  To
accomplish that, I am using xmodmap.  It works perfectly when I invoke
the command directly.  However it doesn't work when I put it in Emacs
startup files.  After several days of research, I discovered that
xmodmap only works when I have pressed atleast one key in my keyboard.
Any solutions?

--
Akib Azmain Turja

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  It's fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5

See https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/ to learn more and protect your
emails and yourself from surveillance.