Re: xmodmap doesn't before pressing any button keyboard

From: Mekeor Melire
Subject: Re: xmodmap doesn't before pressing any button keyboard
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 16:14:33 +0000

hello!

you are using Guix-system, right? you might want to add some extra
X.org-configuration to your systems declaration. for example, if you're
using the Slim login-manager, here's a snippet from my
Guix-system-declaration which makes X.org map caps-lock to ctrl while
using the german keyboard layout:

(slim-service
  #:startx (xorg-start-command
    #:configuration-file (xorg-configuration-file
      #:extra-config (list
"Section \"InputClass\"
Identifier \"Keyboard Defaults\"
MatchIsKeyboard \"on\"
Option \"XkbLayout\"  \"de\"
Option \"XkbOptions\" \"ctrl:nocaps\"
EndSection"))))

how do you start EXWM? if you start it with an ~/.xsession file, that's
also a good place to put your keyboard-initialization code in, as far as
i know.

ciao
mekeor

2021-07-18 / 20:41 / akib8492@gmail.com: