Getting the neo keyboard layout to work as expected

From: Josua Stingelin
Subject: Getting the neo keyboard layout to work as expected
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 10:21:58 +0200

Hi!

So I'm having a puzzling experience using the neo keyboard layout.

Configuring the keyboard-layout in the system configuration using

    (keyboard-layout (keyboard-layout "de" "neo" #:model "pc105"))

does not have the same effect as loading it using

    loadkeys neo.

For some reason the Layer 4 key results in the same characters as the Layer 3
instead of providing a numberblock and navigation (see
https://www.neo-layout.org/ for the expected output).

There may be further differences but I suppose you get the point. Any idea what
I'm doing wrong?

Thank you kindly for your assistance,
Josua