Re: Can't serve a custom channel on a HTTPS repository

From: EuAndreh
Subject: Re: Can't serve a custom channel on a HTTPS repository
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 14:49:07 -0300

After searching a bit through the archives, all I found was message [0] of
divoplade themself talking about this issue.

However, isn't the Guix main channel an HTTPS bare repository itself?  Being
so, it may be more an issue with my installation than an issue with Guix or an
underlying Git library.

>From the description of Git protocols [1], I understood that the main Guix
channel is served via the "Dumb HTTP" protocol.  I'm just not yet sure how it
does it, and how I can replicate.

So it may be that the a Git repository served via the "Dumb HTTP" protocol can
work as a Guix channel, but I just don't know how yet.  I couldn't identify any
special header or file in the Guix bare repository on Savannah [2], so that's
why I'm stuck at this point.

[0]:
https://yhetil.org/guix/db1fe1b8a41fdc3784d4f5156e61682c19628121.camel@divoplade.fr/t/#u
[1]: https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-on-the-Server-The-Protocols