Re: Can't serve a custom channel on a HTTPS repository

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Can't serve a custom channel on a HTTPS repository
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 18:21:34 -0400

On Sun, Aug 08, 2021 at 02:49:07PM -0300, EuAndreh wrote:
> From the description of Git protocols [1], I understood that the main Guix
> channel is served via the "Dumb HTTP" protocol.  I'm just not yet sure how it
> does it, and how I can replicate.

I've set up a dumb HTTP Git repos, and it really is as simple as the
instructions in [1]. They are slow and inefficient but easy to set up.

> So it may be that the a Git repository served via the "Dumb HTTP" protocol can
> work as a Guix channel, but I just don't know how yet.  I couldn't identify
> any
> special header or file in the Guix bare repository on Savannah [2], so that's
> why I'm stuck at this point.

For questions about Savannah, try asking in the #savannah channel on
libera.chat. You might have to wait a while but the Savannah admins are
very help. Or try the savannah-hackers-public mailing list.