Re: packaging package with multiple git repos

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: packaging package with multiple git repos
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 08:56:19 +0200

Hi Andy,

Hi, I am trying to create a package definition for a package which has multiple git repos and is to be built with these repos checked out together. I am curious how can multiple source origins be expressed
in package definition?  thanks for examples for this.

There is no generic way to do this. We have an svn-multi-fetch in (guix svn-download) that fetches named locations from an SVN repository, but there is no comparable feature for git-download.

The common way to do this is to add more origins to the native-inputs and place them where you need them to be in a build phase after 'unpack.

--
Ricardo