how to use Proof General?

From: raingloom
Subject: how to use Proof General?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 23:02:58 +0000

Hi!

I'm trying to use Proof General with Emacs, but so far I couldn't
figure out a way to launch it. Running guix environment `--ad-hoc
proof-general emacs coq emacs-company-coq -- emacs scratchpad.v`
results in Verilog mode being started and when I try to manually launch
coq-mode with M-x, it's not even there.

I'm running packages from a few days ago.

Given how many Coq packages we have, I assume someone is in fact using
them. Or that at least they worked at some point.

Am I missing something obvious? I'm not exactly an Emacs or Coq expert,
but so far I haven't had trouble with Emacs modules in ad-hoc
environments and I managed to run Coq IDE before.
Or is there a bug in how proof-general is packaged?