Re: Apply patch to read-only file

From: phodina
Subject: Re: Apply patch to read-only file
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2021 19:49:14 +0000

Hi Guillaume,

On Wednesday, September 29th, 2021 at 10:42 AM, Guillaume Le Vaillant
<glv@posteo.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried with simplified versions of your package definition and patch,
>
> and it builds fine for me. The patch gets applied successfully.

Thanks for the help and the package definition. I also managed to figure out
what went wrong - I created the patch on master and attempted to patch 0.17.0.

The only other issue I had was with the xmlto, where I attempted to use local
validation using docbook-xml based on example provided in
gnu/packages/gnome.scm. See the attached file.

However, I gave up and also used the --disable-docs flag.
> However I haven't tried using the program to see if it works.

Well, that's another issue.
- It needs correct config file
- There has to be a service running. So I'll look into that now.

Thanks and have a nice day
Petr