Re: help: screen tearing in guix

From: Daniel Meißner
Subject: Re: help: screen tearing in guix
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 08:16:48 +0200

Hi dikasetyaprayogi,

> hello fresh guixsd user here, i had a problem with screen tearing.
>
> usually in my other parabola gnu linux machine i just make intel anti
> tearing conf in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf and the problem
> gone.
>
> when i do this in guix looks there is no effect, any way how to
> integrate this to guixsd? thanks.

The system configuration of Guix works a little differently from
manipulating the config files directly.  Instead, the whole system
configuration is done inside of an operating-system record in a Scheme
file (see [1] for more info).  You can add your Xorg configuration to
the xorg-configuration record field of your display manager (see [2])
and then run `guix system reconfigure /path/to/your/config.scm'.  If you
have installed Guix via its graphical installer you should find your
system configuration at `/etc/config.scm'.

Best
Daniel

1:
https://guix.gnu.org/de/manual/devel/en/html_node/Using-the-Configuration-System.html