home-files-service-type file permissions

From: phodina
Subject: home-files-service-type file permissions
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 11:31:18 +0000

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the development of Guix home. I've recently switch to it from my
dotfiles.

However, there is one thing that I do not know how to set.

When using the service home-files-service-type I encountered a situation where
I'm copying a script:

(simple-service 'dotfiles
home-files-service-type
(list
`("config/sway/wallpaper-change.sh" ,(local-file
"config/sway/wallpaper-change.sh"))))

However, after guix home reconfigure the file has only read flags set not
execute. Even though the original file has execute flags.

Is the home-files-service-type the correct service to use? Or do I have to
patch it in order to keep the permissions?

Petr