Re: Incorrect display of system fonts after guix system reconfigure (202

From: phodina
Subject: Re: Incorrect display of system fonts after guix system reconfigure (2021_10_29)
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 21:47:57 +0000

Hi,

On Sunday, October 31st, 2021 at 10:00 PM, Christophe Pisteur
<christophe.pisteur@fsfe.org> wrote:

> Le samedi 30 octobre 2021 à 13:06 +0000, phodina a écrit :
>
> > Hi Christophe,
> >
> > have you tried to run
> >
> > fc-cache -f
> >
> > to update the font cache to solve the issue?
> >
> > Petr
>
> Thank you very much. This solved the problem inside my session, but:- not in
> the gdm login screen, which still shows bold fonts without precise outline;-
> I don't understand why I had to do this action (fc-cache -f) when all other
> times, a 'sudo guix system reconfigure' worked out of the box. is this a
> bug?Christophe

You're welcome :-)

Looked around and found this long open issue regarding the font update [1].

Now to the gdm issue. I use sddm instead so I just checked some documentation.

Based on the Archwiki [2] I'd have a look at dconf. I will probably also be
necessary to run manually dconf update.

1: http://issues.guix.gnu.org/18640

2: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/GDM#dconf_configuration