Re: Using julia in guix

From: Théo Maxime Tyburn
Subject: Re: Using julia in guix
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 22:52:54 +0100

Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> writes:

> The way I do it is I read my emails with mutt and I pipe the patch file
> (either the e-mail or a part of it, depending on how it came through) to
> 'cd workspace/guix; git am' and then test it out from there.
>
> There is also CBaines's patch tracker. If you add
> https://git.guix-patches.cbaines.net/git/guix-patches as another remote
> (git remote add guix-patches
> https://git.guix-patches.cbaines.net/git/guix-patches)
> then you can cherry-pick c6e882a52b5e736d0ac11872bc2dc6e26100115a and
> test out the patch that way.

Thanks, CBaines’ patch tracker made it very easy to get the code.

So I run "./pre-inst-env guix shell julia". But apparently julia wasn’t
rebuilt as I did that. So when I then run "./pre-inst-env julia" I am
probabilly using the unpatched julia version, right ?
If I install say "julia-docstringextensions" with guix and then in julia
add it with Pkg it still gets installed the usual way.
How can I use the julia package as defined in the patch ?

Kind Regards,

Théo