Re: Best base system for Guix

From: Alexander Asteroth
Subject: Re: Best base system for Guix
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 13:16:01 +0100

Dear Tobias,

thank you for your fast and comprehensive answer.

On arch I never had any problem; it was on debian 11 that the packages
were outdated. However I did a guix pull and now icecat is recent.

Curious if I forgot to do so the last time I tried to install icecat 91
I looked at my bash history. And that's what I found:

 > 1157  guix pull
 > 1158  echo $PATH
 > 1159  source .bashrc
 > 1160  [...]
 > 1161  echo $PATH
 > 1162  [...]
 > 1163  guix
 > 1164  guix --help
 > 1165  guix pull
 > 1166  guix install icecat
 > 1167  guix search icecat

It looks as if guix first was not found but then it was found an I
definitively did a pull before trying to install icecat 91. But it was
only the older version that was found by guix. That was why I did the
search command later on.

Strange! Anyway, now it works.

Cheers,
Alex