Re: Issues with CUPS

From: Alexander Asteroth
Subject: Re: Issues with CUPS
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 11:32:55 +0100

Hi Tobias,

thanks for the hint (see below). After touching /etc/cups/cupsd.conf it
immediately worked perfectly fine.

W.r.t. your other email:

> - Which PPD file did you import?  Was it[0]?  If not, try that.

I have no idea what it[0] is. The ppd I used before is from the Samsung
uld-package and is called Samsung_SCX-472x_Series.ppd

> - Why remove foomatic-filters from the default CUPS extensions   list?

I was not aware that adding filters to the service description overrides
the filters default values. I thought it just add's them and somewhere
it was remommended adding the hplib-minimal filters, and in my
helplessness I tried everything ;-)

Anyway, I gave other Samsung drivers a try and with the SCX-5330N I found a
driver that also seems to work with my SCX-4729.

... Now it works! Thanks!

Cheers,

        Alex